Monday, August 29, 2011

Peanut Butter Time

I like to cook. I like to learn how to make new things. They don't always turn out great. When I fail, I'm the first one to say, "Let's just go out!" Thankfully, that doesn't happen too often anymore.

But I do have a rule of not saying ugly things about my cooking. Not when it turns out well!  So one night after sighs, turned up noses, and down right complaints by child #1, I had had enough.

For the next 7 days, he was offered a plain peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread (the healthy kind of peanut butter that you have to stir the oil back into), and a piece of fruit or a vegetable; for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The saying that went along went something like this, "There are some moms who just don't care about what their kids eat. I am not one of them. I hope you appreciate the good food that I make you, when you can eat it next week. I love you."

I'm not sure who learned more from this, #1 or his siblings...

No comments:

Post a Comment